Monday, July 14, 2014

Power of the Priesthood and healing lyme with the mind

Since my last post, I have gotten so many great responses from people! It has been so wonderful! People have been contacting me about their stories and how much my blog has helped them. It's amazing what social media does. Especially when it's used for good things. Knowing that my story is getting out there and giving someone even the slightest comfort, makes my heart so full of gratitude. No matter how hard days can be, it makes it better knowing I can try to still be an example and give hope to others.

Over the last week, I've been doing a lot of praying and pondering about how I can continue to help others and what I need to do. As you know from some of my previous posts, I created a Facebook group called *All About Lyme - Holistic Healing*. I felt so inspired to do so and it's been amazing so far! It's full of wonderful people who are struggling or know someone struggling with Lyme and want to get better. While praying about all of this, I have felt prompted to start some type of "challenge" I suppose you could say. A challenge to change our lives. Change the way we think. Change the way we act. Change our thoughts. Change our attitudes. I've decided to put together a plan for this incredible journey. I've put a lot of thought into this and have come up with the title for this. "Healing Lyme With The Mind". I'm so excited to get this all put together and share with everyone! (So please keep following to join!)

-- Now I'll share with you all a story :)

Over the weekend, my husband and I went to Idaho for our second wedding reception. We left Friday afternoon and got into town a little after 5. We had to drive about 45 minutes from my mom's to get to my aunt's house where we were having our reception. We were there until 10 p.m. By the time we got back to my mom's house, I was wiped out. I was so tired and I couldn't think straight. Finally after 11 p.m. I went to bed. As I laid there, my head felt crazy. Felt like all these little bugs going a million miles an hour. I focused on what is called energy work. (I will discuss more about this in another post). I closed my eyes, took some deep breaths and visualized peace and calmness filling my body. Starting with my head, all the way down to my toes. I visualized a white light scanning my body and healing it. (I know this may sound weird to those who aren't familiar with energy work, but bare with me). After a few minutes of this, I fell asleep and slept through the whole night.

Simon and I had to get up by 7 a.m. so we could be back to my aunt's house by 9 to finish setting everything up and decorate. We worked hard all morning. Around noon I went into my aunt's salon and started getting myself ready for the reception. Once I sat down, I felt like I couldn't get back up. I was already so exhausted with those crazy sensations in my head again. I felt so weak. I started focusing on those visualizations again and focusing on all the positive things. My mom made me a little snack so I could get my blood sugar balanced and focus a little better. Shortly after eating, I got major stomach pains. This happens often so it wasn't anything out of the norm, just bad timing. The reception was starting at 1 p.m. and about quarter after I finally felt okay enough to go outside and get the party started! ;)

People weren't really showing up just yet, so Stuart, my awesome brother in-law, took some pictures of Simon and I while we waited for more guests. It was quite hot outside and a bit humid. For those of you who don't know, heat is usually NOT my friend. Heat can make everything feel almost 100 times worse. Luckily, before our reception, a good friend of mine who also struggles with Lyme told me she started doing energy work on herself and focused on the heat killing the Lyme. Brilliant!! So that's what I did. I kept telling myself the heat was good for my body and would help kill all the bad things in it. And guess what, I survived the heat! I thought I would have to change out of my wedding dress before an hour even passed, but I didn't. I kept my dress on for over 2 hours. Almost 3. I didn't get too overheated, didn't pass out and I felt OKAY. It was so exciting! I was able to enjoy visiting with all the great guests that showed up and have a good time.

Once it was over, it was over. I was done. Wiped out big time. After cleaning up, I just wanted to go to bed and sleep for days. Not only was I exhausted, I was so weak, shaky, my legs wanted to give out every time I walked, dizzy and all those things. We hadn't really eaten anything that day so we decided to go get some dinner on the way back to my moms. My sister and her husband wanted to go to Texas Roadhouse with us and my mom. I was very hesitant at first because I have a really hard time with large, noisy crowds now. I struggle as it is with thinking and being calm. When I get around a lot of people, especially in a building, I can't handle it. My head goes crazy, my heart goes crazy, I get hot and feel like I can't breathe. I told my husband I just wanted to leave. He told me that I was okay and to be calm. I bowed my head down and closed my eyes. I said a little prayer to my Heavenly Father that I would be calm and be able to enjoy this time with  my family. (I don't go out hardly ever & if we do, it's usually to a quieter more open place). As I finished saying my prayer, I focused on how I would feel if I was calm and able to breathe. I started feeling better and just kept chugging water. Once our food started coming I started feeling better. I kept focusing on the good time with my family instead of focusing on not being able to breathe.

After dinner Simon and I headed back to my mom's place. When we got back, my sister and her husband were there as well and I just really wanted to keep having a good time with my family and not just go rest and sleep like usual. We stayed outside for a long time playing with air soft guns. SO fun!! I knew my body needed rest, but I just wanted to have fun and enjoy life! After hours of being outside and enjoying company, I was ready for bed. I knew if I didn't go to bed soon, I would keep feeling much worse. I was already feeling horrible, but I didn't want to focus on that. So I went to bed and woke up Sunday morning. I thought, I feel okay today I think. Then once I got up and started packing, I knew it was going to be a really rough day. My head felt so heavy, my chest felt heavy, everything felt sick and painful. I just wanted to go home and lay in my bed.

Simon and I left that morning and got home in a little less than 3 hours. We got home, unloaded the car, rested for a bit, then unpacked everything. I kept telling myself I could do this. I could get this all done. By the time I finally finished unpacking and cleaning, I felt so sick. My body was burning up and I felt like I couldn't do anything. I didn't want to move. I was going to stay home while Simon went to his parent's for dinner, but I felt bad so I hurry and got ready. We went to dinner and I felt miserable. I just sat there and wanted to cry. I didn't, but I really wanted to. Once we finished dinner, I started feeling okay. We had a nice visit with the family, then came home. I finished a little more cleaning then went and laid in bed. I wanted to sleep, but I knew I couldn't because of how I felt. Simon came in the room and asked if I was okay. He knew I was crying and asked what was wrong and if I needed anything. I told him I didn't feel well at all and I'm so ready to be healed.

As he laid by me with arms wrapped around me, I cried harder and harder. I told him I am so ready to get better, to do whatever I want, to have  family and to be able to enjoy life. He told me he knows I will get better and it just takes time. The longer I laid there and cried, the more frustrated I was getting. The thought I kept getting was to ask for a blessing. I kept ignoring it, then finally, the thought was so strong to ask, so I did. Of course my husband said yes. I was waiting in my room for him to get some oil and a chair. It took him longer than I thought, so I tried to get calm so I could pay close attention to my blessing.

I haven't even started telling my experience and I'm already crying. I've prayed about whether or not I needed to share this experience on my blog. I was prompted to do so. That's why I'm sharing with you all. Anyways, as Simon laid his hands upon my head and started giving me a blessing, I already felt the spirit. I was still crying, but trying to hold it together. I knew this blessing was going to be different than any other blessing I've ever been given. As the blessing continued, the spirit felt was getting stronger. I could feel my grandpa with me. (He passed away when I was 18 & we were very close). I knew he was there. And shortly after that, I felt more than just the spirit and my grandpa's presence. In my blessing, I was told to be patient and that I will be healed. I just needed to have the patience. I needed to seek my Heavenly Father especially in these hard times. I was blessed with strength, courage and faith to do things in my life. I was told to focus on my health and being a missionary. And faith to be healed. At this point, the spirit was so overwhelming I couldn't stop crying. As I felt the other presences here with me, my husband said in the blessing that angels will be with me and that they are here now. They are here to protect me now and always will be. The tears flooded down my face. I started crying harder and harder. At this point in my blessing, I KNEW without a doubt in my mind, that Heavenly Father is with me. He loves me. He knows me. He knows what I need and knows that in order for me to learn certain things, to grow and to help bless others lives, that I needed to go through all these trials. This was the most AMAZING blessing I have ever been given. I cannot say this enough. I am here to tell everyone that I have the strongest testimony of the power of the Priesthood and the healing powers of Christ. I know one day I will be healed. Even if that day is not today, it is some day. And until that day, I will do what I can to help others and to draw myself closer to Him. He is always there. This blessing is very special to me. I really was unsure about sharing it, but my promptings told me otherwise. I knew I needed to share it. I needed to share my testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I love the gospel and am forever grateful to have it in my life. Especially living with Lyme. I don't know what I would without it. I have hope for my life because of it. Life is such an incredible gift that we all have been given and we need to make the most of it by being the best that we can. We need to be the best example for those around us. We need to constantly be in the service of our Lord by serving others. It took me a while to realize that due to this disease I've struggled with doesn't necessarily allow me to physically help other people out all the time, but that doesn't mean I still can't do it from home. Life is a gift to each of us. It's a blessing. Don't take it for granted. I share and leave these things with you in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.





I'm so sorry this post was so long - I just had to share my story and my testimony with everyone. I hope this leaves those of you who are struggling with anything in life with even a small amount of hope and faith.

~Nicole

FB Page - *All About Lyme Holistic Healing*
Instagram - nicole_fay26

No comments:

Post a Comment