Thursday, May 29, 2014

Throwin' it back to my wedding day!

Good afternoon everybody! I decided I need to get this blog updated. It has been too long! I have so many topics to start writing about and can't wait to share them with all of you! However, since I just recently got married, I would love to share my experience with you all and blog about that today! :)

May 15, 2014. Best. Day. Of. My. Entire. Life. I married my best friend. It was the most beautiful day!

Photo by: Katie Evans

As you all know, I've suffered from major diseases and illnesses. Preparing for the BIG day was stressful. The whole planning and everything wasn't the stressful part. I was so sick and I was so stressed out about not feeling better by the time of my wedding. About a week before, as I posted in a previous update, I received a blessing from my Branch President. Leading up to the wedding, I kept trying to remain calm and not stress because all it would do is make me feel worse. As the wedding day got closer, I just kept praying and kept having faith that everything would be fine. I had to keep remembering the blessing I received and the most comforting words that I was told. I knew as long as I trusted in the Lord and kept repeating that blessing in my mind, everything would be just fine.

As the wedding day approached, I woke up feeling awful. I only got a little over 3 hours of sleep. For those of you who don't know, having Lyme, MS or other illnesses, if you have little to no sleep, it literally feels like your body has been destroyed and there is hardly any functioning. I just kept telling myself I was calm and healthy and energetic. My sisters and I packed our stuff and headed to my friends hotel room to get ready there. As I was getting my hair done, I was struggling. My stomach was hurting, I was exhausted, no energy and just felt terrible. I finished getting ready and Nichelle (my sister) and I headed to the temple. I had a constant prayer in my mind and heart the whole time. I tried hard to ignore how I was feeling and focused on the exciting things. Like getting married!!

We arrived at the temple a liiiiittle bit late because the parking was a nightmare.. As I walked in and saw my future hubby sitting there, I immediately felt calm. I was so ready to marry him! We got to spend some time together then went our separate ways for a short while. My mom was with me helping me get ready. It was so peaceful.

The time came when Simon and I were ready to get sealed. It was such a wonderful experience! I thought for sure I would cry like a baby, but I didn't. I was just so happy and so excited to finally marry the man of my dreams, my best friend, my everything. I felt so grateful to be in the House of The Lord and sharing that wonderful experience with our loved ones.

As I was changing into my wedding dress to make my grand appearance, my heart was so full of joy, peace and so much gratitude. I was so thankful I was able to have this day happen. Even though I felt awful that whole morning and through most of the sealing, I didn't even care. My heart and mind were somewhere else and I knew that as long as I kept my faith in my blessing and the Lord, my wedding day would be perfect. It made me realize how crucial it is to maintain faith through anything in life. Trials or happiness, faith is always needed.

Simon and I came out of the temple and I'm pretty sure we were both just glowing! It was so wonderful to see all of our loved ones there to support us and help us celebrate our day. I was just so thankful!! We had all of our pictures taken by our amazing photographer, Katie Evans. We didn't spend super long taking pictures 'cause by that time, I was so exhausted and the 5 inch heels weren't helping, but boy were they stunna!

After we finished taking pics, Simon and I were starving so we decided to go get some grub... Yes, in our wedding attire, we went to Carl's Jr. and got food. I was craving fries so bad and it was close to our house so that's where we went.
~No judging~

We had a lovely reception later that evening at 6-8. It was everything we wanted. We had our reception in this super cute barn in Draper. We wanted the vintage, rustic theme and it was perfect!! We couldn't have done it without my sweet mother in-law. Because I was so sick through our engagement, she pretty much just took over and done just about everything! I feel so grateful to have such wonderful in-laws in my life!! They have been incredible and I will be forever grateful for all they have done.

 Photo by: Katie Evans

I am going to eventually post some photos, I'm just still waiting to get them!  I hope you guys enjoyed this little update and look forward to seeing all the beautiful pictures from our wedding day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment