Wednesday, June 4, 2014

The Truth About Lyme

Good afternoon :)

Today is one of those days where I just wish I had my mom here. Yes I am almost 26 and that probably sounds silly to some of you. But today the Lyme is totally kicking my butt and there is something about having your mom around when you're sick ;)

I've recently been in contact with quite a few people with Lyme Disease and have had some great conversations. I've been asked to talk/discuss more about Lyme on my blog. So here it goes. I'm just going to lay out the truth about Lyme.

Let's face it. Lyme is miserable. IT. SUCKS.  For those of you who have it, know this to be more than true. Not saying it is worse than anything else in the world, but it feels that way at times. There can be good times, bad times and really bad times with Lyme. And yes, it can be fatal. Lyme has been overlooked for so many years and people need to learn more about it and be aware of it. People who have Lyme have suffered for months and even years before even being diagnosed with it. Some Dr.'s even call it an Epidemic. That's scary. An epidemic that is highly overlooked and misdiagnosed constantly.

Lyme originally was found back East in Connecticut (in 1975). So what does this mean for people in other parts of the world? It means that most Dr.'s and some people believe Lyme cannot be found in anyone else who isn't back East or who hasn't traveled to another country. Well guess what? This is a bunch of b.s. Whether you want to believe it or not, Lyme can be found basically anywhere. And when your Dr. does decide to test for it and most tests come back negative, they misdiagnose it as another disease/illness. (Such as Multiple Sclerosis, Fibromyalgia, Arthritis, Chronic Fatigue, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Chronic Sinus Infection, and the list goes on.) But guess what else? Lyme can actually hide. Yes, hide. Obviously if they can hide, some tests will appear negative and patients will continue to be treated for the wrong illness. And if they do come back positive, Dr.'s will want to treat you with heavy antibiotics. Some of you may know that antibiotics for long periods of time can ruin your body. Also, newsflash, antibiotics can only work within the first 7-10 days of getting Lyme. Most people aren't diagnosed for months or years, so clearly, antibiotics will not work. If you get treated with antibiotics, your body will eventually become immune to them anyways. So hundreds to thousands of dollars later, there you are, still suffering from Lyme and wasted a lot of money.

When Lyme was first found, it was linked to a Deer Tick bite. Most of you probably know that this is what causes Lyme. However, this isn't true either. Lyme Disease can be linked to ticks, mosquitoes, deer flies, spiders, etc. Many people are highly unaware of this. It's really important that people know this and people become more open about Lyme Disease because there is so much that needs to be told.

So- here is a small portion of the truth about Lyme.

Through my journey, I have done hours and hours of research, talked to many different people, read books, etc. I know a lot of people are into conventional/modern medicine. And don't get me wrong, I think it's great and the world has come a long way with today's medicine. However, not when it comes to Lyme. I'm not writing this to bash on Dr.'s or today's medicine at all, because it was all created from good intention and has helped so many people. Lyme is a different story. And in my opinion, along with my experience and experience of people I know, holistic, alternative and natural treatments are THE best way to go. Without it, I probably wouldn't even be here today. It's been a saving grace.

I will continue to discuss more about Lyme in my blogs and help reach out to people. Even though Lyme sucks and can be extremely hard, there is hope. And everyone should know this. Lyme can be cured. It takes a lot of faith, hope, knowledge, strength and positive attitude in the healing process. Because the process doesn't just happen over night. It can take years. But years is better than never.

I know that I have been dealt these trials in my life for a reason. Whether it's to strengthen my faith, others faith or to help others find hope, it's my trial and I will make the best of it. I know my Heavenly Father loves me and trusts me to enough to have this trial. It's been extremely hard at times and there have been times where I felt like I wasn't going to make it, but I did. I hope and pray for each and everyone of you who suffer from Lyme or any other illness. But I also want you all to know you can never lose hope. Ever. Sometimes we don't know why we go through the things we do, but we have to stay positive and do the best we can, even if doing the best sometimes is not being able to get out of bed.

I hope you will all continue to share my blog and keep reading! I appreciate all the support I have been given and all the wonderful messages! I absolutely love them! Have a wonderful day everyone!

P.S. I was inspired to create a group for Lyme Disease on Facebook. For those of you who need support or want to learn about holistic healing for Lyme, please join us! The group is called - *All About Lyme - Holistic Healing*

No comments:

Post a Comment