Monday, August 11, 2014

Healing Lyme With The Mind: {Why loving ourselves can heal us}

Since my last post, things have changed. I feel like I am starting to become more aware of the person I used to be. Things are becoming more clear. My intuition feels like it is starting to open back up.

As crazy as this sounds to some people, it's not crazy to me. We CAN heal ourselves with our minds. No matter what anybody says. Our thoughts are so powerful. The things we think and say about ourselves, is what becomes of ourselves. If we are constantly having negative thoughts, you will live a negative life. You will NOT have pure happiness, joy, peace, etc. And why do we do this to ourselves? What in the heck is the point? Why do we criticize ourselves so much to the point we become bitter, angry and sick? We constantly complain about our struggles in life, our failures, how we are too fat, too thin, too ugly. We constantly tear ourselves apart. Day after day. We do this so much we eventually start to believe it. Then our bodies start to believe it, and that's what happens. It's called the "Law of Attraction". What we put out there, is what we get back. Ten fold. For example, the more we think how "fat" we are and that we can't lose weight, the more and more we believe it and guess what? We gain weight. We struggle with losing weight. Same thing goes if we are "sick". The more we FOCUS and put our energy on the thoughts that we are sick, afflicted, in pain, miserable, etc, the more this will occur. We tell ourselves, "Ugh. Today will be a bad day". Guess what? You're right. It will be a bad day. And YOU created it.

You may ask what this has to do with me having Lyme Disease - Well, essentially it has a lot to do with it. I got Lyme when I was 6. How? I have no clue. Why? Maybe to help me strengthen my faith, my patience, learn from my trials, gain more knowledge and help others. And that's exactly what my goal is - to help others. To be a tool for the Lord. A messenger. And through my journey, nothing has been more powerful in healing than having my God in my life. Growing closer to Him, has helped me learn so many things about myself and alternative ways to healing. Other than just going to doctor after doctor. I have been so blessed to have been introduced to these alternatives throughout the last few years. And one of them, is energy work. Which was partly why I became a Foot Zoner :) After having wonderful experiences and praying about this, I knew I needed in my life. For me. And for others.

All of this comes together at one point. Some of you still may be confused as to what I am talking about. Eventually I will come to explain everything through my posts. As for this post, this is about healing Lyme with the mind. After getting back from Cabo, I wanted to do better. I wanted to try anything I could do to feel "good" even if I really didn't. When my husband and I returned home, I started a new "treatment" you could say. A couple of them. Because of my blog, a lady contacted me and told me she was sure she had something that could help me. She wanted to call me as soon as she could to discuss it with me. My first thought was, "That is really cool. But I'm sure it's just like everything I have tried". But what I didn't realize at the moment, was that I had been praying really hard about what else to do for the Lyme and this could be an answer to my prayers. When she wanted to talk to both my husband and I, I will admit, I was skeptical. Then she told me she had this really strong feeling to contact me immediately. When she told me that, I had a good feeling. After my husband and I talked to her, learned more about what she was doing, we prayed about it. We both felt like this could be a good step to take. So we did. And I don't regret it. I started everything when we got back from Cabo. I was scared at first, because I had been so sensitive to so many things in the past. But I tried to change my mindset. I told myself, if God wanted me to do this, it wouldn't cause me more problems. It was going to help me heal.

On to my 3rd week of this, and still no regrets. Last week I made more progress than I have been in over 8 months. I was able to drive, for the first time by myself, help my husband's parents with picking, shucking, and preparing corn to freeze for 8+ hours, and go to church for the full 3 hours yesterday. I start tearing up every time I talk about this. Because those of you who know me, or who have struggled with health issues themselves and aren't able to do much, this is monumental. My heart was so full of gratitude this weekend for being able to accomplish all of these. I know I'm not healed yet, but each day I will get closer and closer. And not only have I been taking some incredible products, but I have really changed my thinking patterns.

Lyme can really screw a person up mentally. The Lyme can over take you and your mind if you let it. However, you can't. YOU are in control. You CAN'T let Lyme control you. It's A disease, not YOUR disease. These words change you. Don't claim your illnesses. Don't let them define you. And this is what I did. I got so ill these last 7-8 months, it overtook my life. My mind. My thoughts. My faith. My everything. I never thought I'd get so bad in my life. Then I realized, if I can change my thoughts, my mind, retrain my sub-conscious mind, I can get better. I can do this. I will take control of my life back.

I became so hard on myself.  Guilt ate at me every single day. I felt like I was an inadequate wife. I couldn't be what my husband needed. I was too big of a burden for him. For anyone. I'm wasn't ever going to heal. I wanted to, but felt it was getting impossible. I've lost over 30 pounds and still think I'm "fat". I started hating myself rather than loving myself. I became more obsessed with being sick and fat and more focused on how I wasn't healing than being positive and having faith.

Why!? Why do we do this?? Because we let our thoughts take over our minds. We let the negative become our life. We think the harder we are on ourselves, the better people we can become. We have old thoughts/words stuck in our mind from what people said to us in our childhood or other times throughout our past. And we believed them. We created that/this life. So why not create the opposite? Why not create a good, happy life? Sure we will have struggles here and there, but having the best attitude and a heart full of gratitude at all time will ease these struggles.

This is why I created Healing Lyme With The Mind - Because it is possible. The saying "You can't expect anyone to love you until you love yourself" is beyond true. We MUST love ourselves. We have NO reason not to! God created us. He gave us this life. These bodies. They are gifts to us. We need to constantly treat them as gifts from God. They are sacred. So why torture them? Why criticize them? Do we do that to any other gifts? I would say hardly. We can overcome anything we put our mind to and have faith we can do it. We are all human. We've all had struggles and have struggles. That doesn't mean we love ourselves less and treat ourselves like we don't deserve the best. No matter where we came from, what we've done, who's hurt us, we can let it go. Move on. Create the life you want to live.

I have started this challenge on my FB Group - *All About Lyme - Holistic Healing*. I would love for everyone to join and follow along to Heal Lyme With The Mind . This isn't just for Lyme. It's for anything. Every day I have been posting a healing affirmation for people to save or print and read every day over and over to help them in their healing journey. I would love to receive any feedback, questions or if anyone just needs to chat, I'm here! :)

I will post all my affirmations I've made so far. Here's to healing and loving ourselves!



Starting our "Healing Lyme With The Mind" affirmations!! Feel free to print these off and place on your mirror. And repeat them to yourself all throughout the day!! 


Day 2: 

Day 3: Happy Thursday everyone!!! I hope you are all joining my "Healing Lyme With The Mind" affirmation journey  Today, my affirmation is one that means a lot to myself. Struggling with Lyme and other illnesses takes a toll on us emotionally and mentally. I know that I have become SO much harder on myself. I feel guilty a LOT and feel super inadequate. I catch myself thinking bad/negative thoughts about myself all the time. However, I'm changing that and I hope you can all do the same. We were all brought to this earth for a reason and each of our journey's are different, but no matter what, we can't stop loving ourselves!! Our bodies are a gift from God and we need to constantly treat it that way. Especially with our thoughts and our words. I've talked to so many people with Lyme or other illnesses and every single one of them have or had negative thoughts about themselves. Use this affirmation ALL day every day! And before bed!

Day 4:  Nothing is possible without faith. Especially healing  I have "Faith conquers fear" on my vision board. Super powerful! Start believing and see what happens 
Day 5: Repeating this every day multiple times will eventually make it happen! Happy Monday everyone!






No comments:

Post a Comment