Tuesday, April 29, 2014

My faith

Hi all!

My blog has started to become more of me sharing my testimony of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. With everything that has been going on in my life, this is what I turn to. The gospel. My Heavenly Father. Without it, I have no idea how I would survive through the trials in my life. Having the gospel gives me peace, hope and faith for my future. I know that I am never alone. There are times when I feel like nobody understands the pain or ailments that I suffer from, but that is not true. There is one person who will ALWAYS understand our pains, sorrows, sadness, happiness, joys, etc. Jesus Christ. Our Savior. When we feel alone or like nobody understands, all we need to do is turn to Him. He truly knows how we feel and will help us if we just ask.

The last couple days I have been starting to feel a little better. I felt like I've been getting slightly more energized and am able to do a few more things. Although I'm not completely better, I know with all my heart that everything happens for a reason and I will keep progressing.

Simon has been out of town for work and it has definitely been hard not having him here. I'm so used to seeing him every night. However, I still have his brother here and miss Melissa who still stays with me every night. And I am so grateful for that. Tonight I had the great opportunity to go meet with my Branch President to get my temple recommend renewed and get things rolling so I can be sealed to Simon in the Salt Lake City Temple. YAY! While talking with the Branch President and going through the interview process, I felt so much peace and joy. Even though at the moment I was there I felt so sick, I didn't even care. I could feel the spirit so strongly and getting my recommend renewed made me think back to the very first recommend I had before I went through the temple the first time. It brought such joy to my heart. And this time it was even better because now it's to marry the man of my dreams. Before meeting with the President, I have been so concerned that because of my health I have not been able to attend church hardly at all the last 4 months, I was scared I wouldn't be able to get another recommend. During the interview and when the President asked me questions, I knew in my heart that it didn't matter if I couldn't go to church every single Sunday and partake in callings, go to all the meetings, etc. I knew it was okay because these are things that weren't in my control. That I physically wasn't able to go. The Lord knows my intentions and knows that if I was better, I'd be going to church all the time and fulfilling my duties in the gospel. The President told me he felt great about renewing my recommend and he knows I do as much as I can when I can. I felt so grateful. After we finished up, the President gave me a blessing. Because of the trials in my life and the hardships over the last few months, I know my faith has weakened a time or two or more. But for the first time in quite some time, I could feel that this blessing had different meaning that the others I'd been given. I felt the spirit so strongly and knew my Heavenly Father was there comforting me. I know my faith can always improve and tonight I just realized that no matter how rough life gets or how low we get, we can always overcome those things with Him.

I was told I needed to share my testimony every chance I got. So here I am, sharing my testimony to all of you. I guess that is why I felt inspired to write about these topics tonight. I want everyone to know that YOU are loved. You are never alone and you never have to go through anything in life alone. At times it seems like we are alone, but it doesn't have to be that way. And no matter how bad life gets, it's so important to stay positive and to always keep faith. Life is a beautiful gift we have all been given and it's up to us how to use that gift. I hope and pray for all of you who have struggles in life that you will overcome them and have faith. Have faith in yourself and have faith that it will get better.

Love to all,

Nicole


 (For those of you who are not familiar with my faith or who have other religions/beliefs, I welcome/invite you to still follow my blogs.) This is all my personal feelings and about my life.


2 comments: